Saturday, September 6, 2008

WWE UNFORGIVEN 2008 PICKS

Photobucket
Photos courtesy of wikipeida.com and wwe.com

Since the WWE Unforgiven pay-per-view is tomorrow night, I figured I would get a ahead start and give my picks for the event. Onto the picks:

WWE Tag Team Championship Match
Photobucket
This feud has been built nicely over the last few weeks with Cryme Tyme (Shad & JTG) stealing the tag-titles from Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase, only to have Rhodes and DiBiase steal them back this past Monday night on Raw. While I'm happy that Cryme Tyme is FINALLY getting a tag-title shot, as they have technically been number one contenders since winning the tag-team gauntlet match at Cyber Sunday 2006, I don't see them winning the titles for two reasons. One, Rhodes and DiBiase just won the belts back from John Cena & Batista a week before Summerslam and two, Cryme Tyme is in a position like Sting was in WCW in that they are so over with the crowd, they don't need the titles to become any more popular or more of a favorite.
Pick - Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Retain

WWE Divas Championship Match
Photobucket
I will admit that when Maryse first started wrestling, I wasn't impressed with her but over the last few weeks, Maryse has vastly improved in the ring, showing she is a natural heel (bad girl). Also, I see traces of Trish Stratus' heel persona in Maryse and feel she will be one of, if not the top female heel if she continues to improve. That being said, I don't see Maryse winning for the fact that Michelle McCool is defending the Divas title for the first time since winning the title at the Great American Bash. That and being the Undertaker's real life girlfriend help's a little bit with backstage decesions.
Pick - Michelle McCool Retains

ECW Championship Scramble Match
Photobucket
I honestly thought Matt Hardy was going to win the ECW Championship at Summerslam, especially since he had dropped the US Title to Shelton Benjamin at the Great American Bash. However, I have been impressed with Mark Henry's run as ECW and feel that he is having one of, if not the best run of his decade long career in WWE and don't see him losing the title any time soon.
Pick - Mark Henry Retains

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Photobucket
This is the one where I feel we are going to have a new star made in CM Punk. Currently, I see Punk in a position like Kurt Angle was heading into the 6 Man Elimination Chamber at Armageddon 2000 against The Rock, Triple H, Steve Austin, Undertaker and Rikishi. When Angle won that match, it certified him as a legitimate champion in the fans eyes. Having Punk win this match that has him up against four former WWE and World Champions would make him a legitimate champion and not some transitional or fluke champion in the fans eyes.
Winner - CM Punk retains

Unsanctioned Match
Photobucket
This will without-a-doubt be the match of the night and I am hoping they go at least a half-hour as this most likely is the blow-off match to a near six-month feud that has been outstanding. Shawn Michaels will deliver the goods, despite the slightly torn tricep, and will finally extract revenge on Chris Jericho for throwing him through the flat-screen television and decking his wife at Summerslam.
Pick - Shawn Michaels

WWE Championship Scramble Match
Photobucket
This is the match I am not sure about as I could see any one of the five leaving Unforgiven as the champion. I would love to see Jeff Hardy win but I would like to think that if WWE is going to put the biggest title on Hardy, they would do it at one of the company's bigger pay-per-view events.
I see this coming down to a free-for-all the last two minutes of the match with everyone hitting their finishers on each other and in the end, I am going to go out on a limb and say there will be a new WWE Champion at the end of the night and it will be.....
Pick - New WWE Champion The Brian Kendrick

No comments: