Monday, September 8, 2008

Florida Championship Wrestling's "Wrestler's Creed"

Photobucket
Photo courtesy of fcwwrestling.com

In the Oct. 2008 issue of WWE Magazine, there is an excellent article about the WWE's newest developmental territory "Florida Championship Wrestling." The article discusses a typical day the "Next Generation" wrestler's endure as well as the advice given on a daily basis by the training staff, which is headed by Steve Keirn and also includes Billy Kidman, Tom Prichard, Dusty Rhodes and newly signed trainer Norman Smiley (who is not included in the article as he just signed the other day with the company).

One thing that stood out to me was the FCW's "Wrestler's Creed," which hangs ringside so no one forgets it and would like to share it with you as they are words to live by and can make you a better person should you chose to listen to them, whether your a wrestler or not.

I AM A PRO WRESTLER

*I had a dream - I pursued my dream

*I am humble - But I am confident

*I am kind But this is not a weakness, its my strength

*I believe in myself

*I am "Great" or I don't belong here

*I will train hard, my skills will be tested But I won't give up

*I will help my peers with encouragement

*I will not criticize or discourage others

*I will always show respect to others who have paved the way

*I will always remember the #1 rule -
"Protect my opponent at all costs"

*I will remain open for suggestions at all times

*I want to learn

*I am smart and not a mark But I am not a "smart ass"

*I had a dream, the dream came true

Thank you God

"I Am Proud To Be A Pro Wrestler"

No comments: