Monday, November 24, 2008

Almost nine-years later, "Positively Page" in my book collection

On Feb. 1, 2000, Page Joseph Falkinburg, better known to professional wrestling fans as "Diamond Dallas Page," released his self-autobiography titled, "Positively Page...The Diamond Dallas Page Journey." Since that release date, I have tried my darnedest to track down a copy of this book, especially after one reviewer stated, "If DDP never makes it to Wrestlemania, it would be the equivalent of Charles Barkley never winning an National Basketball Assocation [NBA] championship."

However, I was only a sophomore in high school at the time and was too busy with honor prep courses and basketball to devote enough outside time to reading the lengthy 443-pages. There were several times in 2000 that I would walk into a bookstore and see the book sitting on the shelf and would read a few pages but wouldn't pluck down the $27-$35 the bookstore was seeking for the hardcover edition, which was the only edition available.

The year went by and a year later in March 2001, World Wrestling Entertainment [WWE] bought World Championship Wrestling [WCW] and the book became scarce. The last time I remember seeing the book at a place like Borders or Waldenbooks was maybe Dec. 2001 while Christmas shopping and again, I left the book there.

Nearly nine-years later since its release and seven years since I saw it in a bookstore, I finally have this gem in my wrestling book collection and paid a grand total of. . . .$9.48. That's right, $9.48, shipping included, for the book in brand new condition from a seller on amazon.com. Don't believe me, check out the pictures and enjoy:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I would like to continue typing but I got to get started on my reading.

No comments: