Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Time Warner to black-out TNA fans?

Photobucket
Photo provided

vs.

Photobucket
Photo provided



Earlier this afternoon, I noticed a scrolling text going across my "Spike TV" channel but didn't pay much attention to it as "CSI" was airing and I was watching the "Dog the Bounty Hunter" marathon on "A&E."

However, a little bit later, while channel surfing, I noticed that scrolling text was still going across "Spike TV" so I decided to check out what it said. To my astonishment, the text was alerting cable subscribers that have Time Warner as their cable provider that at midnight tonight, they would be losing "Spike TV," "Nickelodeon," "MTV" and 16-other channels unless they called Time Warner through the phone number provided and DEMAND those channels not be pulled.

A little taken back at what I read, I flipped over to my "Nickelodeon" channel and sure enough, there was that same scrolling text that had been on "Spike TV," which alerted me that this was a serious matter even though I wouldn't be affected since Charter is my area's cable provider.

After doing some research, I learned all of this is a result of Viacom, the company that owns the said 19-networks, wanting more compensation for their programming from Time Warner and that midnight officially ends the two-year contract between the two parties. Should an agreement not be reached, this incident could affect up to 13.3 million homes in the US and some 2 million in the Los Angeles area alone.

If you have Time Warner, there is still time to call in and demand that they don't blackout these channels. If it were me, I would be calling Time Warner every five-minutes because I would be irate if I could no longer watch Ultimate Fighting Championship [UFC] events, "George Lopez Show," "Home Improvement," "Family Matters," Total Nonstop Action [TNA] wrestling and my guilty pleasure, "I Carly."

No comments: